Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dinner Dance

Yup. Dinner Dance. I can't believe we made it through the year, all the way to the dinner dance. Omigod. And I'm going to be crying, I can tell you that now. But back to the dance :)
First, we went to Mag's, but she wasn't there. So DiDi took charge and turned my hair into something really amazing in the back! The Belle/Romeo and Juliet look. I loved it :)

I then had to hurry and get dressed. Yep. Once everyone was ready, we drove to the Countryside Country Club, at 6, and walked around back to where everyone was taking pictures. The group pic might be up soon, if I can get it from mom. We tried to pose around palm trees and the fountain (yeah, there was a fountain on the golf course...?)... Tommy wore his Captain's outfit, and Teagan wore his baby blue suit. Those were the only weird outfits, aside from some pretty dark makeup on some of the girls... Lol. I stuck with lip gloss. I also think Laurel and I were the only ones in flat shoes- everyone else had heels. Oh well, we were sensible. Lol.

We all sat down at the table once we actually got into the room, and we had these name tags that told us whether we were having chicken or pasta. (We had picked that earlier in the year). I had chicken. It was okay, but the ice cream bar was better :) LOL.

The whole room was divided in half by like this divider thing, and Espiritu was on the other side. You know, I didn't even think to look and see if Sebastian was there. That would've been weird. Lol. But I don't think they were having much fun, they kept trying to crash ours, and the teachers would shoo them out. And at one point they through streamers through the crack in the divider. And then when we were dancing, they got stuck to our barefeet. (Because the girls took our shoes off...)

The first person I danced with was Sean. Mrs. Robinson kinda pushed us together, along with Nick and Elizabeth. Yup. That was kinda awkward, 'cause it wasn't even a slow song, it was more of a jump up and down thing. Although now that I think about it, Sean is also the first person I danced with during the first slow song played. Which I think he did on purpose, he was kinda hovering around me. Which was weird! I danced with Austin 2 and a half times. To annoy him. Because nothing annoys him more than a perky&quirky girl dancing with him. Lol. The first thing he says to me? "You know, I'm like a foot and a half taller than you." Okay, I don't care :).

There weren't enough guys for every girl, so there were always some partnerless. (Mainly me, 'cause I blinked and then like all the guys were gone. So Maggie/Sabrina and I danced together, like all the times we didn't have a partner.) At one point, I was standing in the middle with Elizabeth, both of us parnterless, and Love Story had just come on, and I look up and Zack is also parnterless and he like waved at me to come over there, so we danced together. And that's what friends are for- saving each other from looking completely stupid! Lol. It was funny 'cause we were both singing. And he actually knew the lyrics. Lol. And Espiritu kept looking through the balcony at us dancing. It was like "get a life, and go back to your own party!"

My favorite part? When he played Don't Stop Believin', and we all did the dance steps that we have for the talent show. Screaming steps at each other, while singing along at top volume, and trying to remember what we were supposed to be doing. Yep. That's my class, and I'm going to miss them so so so much. I don't think the teachers or DJ could believe it. :)

Yeah, I had a whole lot of fun. I posted the pics on picasa. But I have to go now, so cya.

Love Ya,

Jess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment