Monday, March 29, 2010

They're Cheaper By The Dozen

That refers to what happened in math. So Michael was talking about the whole pope-conspiracy thing, and he goes "Yeah, I heard he molested twelve kids." and Kelly goes "Twelve? Why twelve?" And spur-of-the-moment and a perfect moment right here, Sean goes "Well, I hear they're cheaper by the dozen." It was just perfect! And we started cracking up :).

We started a lab in science today. We actually got to work with the chemicals, and it would've been awesome except once again I get put with Austin and he wouldn't let me do anything with them. I tried using the mini spoon to get some of the chemicals and the whole time Austin's there "Don't spill it. Careful! Into the vile! Steady. Careful! You're doing it wrong! Give me that!" And then there's me "I know how to work a spoon!" And then he shoved the worksheet at me and told me I was in charge of writing nad he was in charge of chemicals. Well, I don't mind writing the paper since no one can read Austin's writing, but still. I actually wanted to work with the chemicals. Oh, and you know how every single thing says "Never taste, touch, or smell the chemicals." Well, sara actually tasted one to see if it was really glue. WOW. I really wish it was ammonia or something.

So... I'm thinking now would be a good time for a sneak peak of The Crown Bearers?

“What time are we leaving tomorrow?”

“Well, the plane leaves at nine, so we’re probably going to be picking you up at around six. Wow, that’s early. What time do you think you’re waking up?”

That was early. I knew already that there was no way my parents would be up to say good-bye, so they would insist on doing it tonight instead.

“Uh, I really don’t know. Probably around four. But I still need to pack.”

“Yeah, same here. I would suggest pretty warm clothes, a couple of scarves, multiple pairs of boots, all the jeans you own, and a jacket. Preferably fur.”

Rebecca’s closet was bigger than her room. And she would always restock her wardrobe every new fashion trend. The only good thing about it? I’m only a little bit smaller than her, so I fit into her old clothes. She lets me pick out whatever I want to keep. It’s outdated, but I never really care. If you looked at my closet you would probably see stuff from my grandmother’s age.

“Um, Bec, I don’t own a lot of that. I have one pair of boots, and no scarves. I’m not even sure the boots fit me anymore. I never really used them.” I found both items foolish and frivolous, we live in California; when are we going to wear them? And who wants to choke on scarves just to make a fashion statement? “And I only own two pairs of jeans.” My whole closet was based on Californian weather, so mostly shorts.

She rolled her eyes. “Just bring what you can. Actually, maybe you can come over later.”


And that was an introduction to Becca :) Not the beggining of the chapter, but in chapter one.

Love ya,
-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment